Dangers of Lead Poisoning..By Edwan Fon

Effects of Long-Term Lead Poisoning
Lead poisoning can lead to a variety of health problems in kids, including:

decreased bone and muscle growth
poor muscle coordination
damage to the nervous system, kidneys, and/or hearing
speech and language problems
developmental delay
seizures and unconsciousness (in cases of extremely high lead levels)

<a href="http:// “>

Lead poisoning has been termed the “stealth disease” because of the way it occurs and the devastating neurologic damage it causes in children at doses that do not cause outward physical signs of poisoning.
Poisoning occurs when children eat tiny paint chips or inhale harmful leaded dust. Chalking lead paint creates dust that settles on toys and other objects. The dust is ingested by the young child in normal hand-to-mouth activity. Leaded house dust that is inhaled even in the smallest amounts is just as lethal as that which is ingested. One paint chip the size of a thumbnail, ingested by a young child, can cause permanent brain damage.
<a href="http:// banner“>